New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger 77/22 Hornet
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone here had the bolt shim tricks done on one of these, or it's variants? Who did you get to do it?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used a set from Trigger Shims on my Ruger 22 Hornet. You get a set of color coded shims with instructions and through trial and error place them in the space between the two main bolt halves. It tightens up the slop and really works.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 961 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought the shims and did it myself, was quite easy and I’m not very mechanically inclined. The accuracy of my Ruger 77/17 hornet was poor before the shim addition, and it remained poor after adding the shims.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2640 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had the same results as previous poster, not much improvement if at all, further testing to see if it works on my 17 HMR, my gun is barely minute of sage rat at 100 yards, good thing i like the rotary clip for rapid fire and reloading my 77/17 or it would be useless to me just like every other thing Ruger has built. Sorry for the harsh comment's but that's just my opinion.

Posts: 1014 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hmmm.
I have very little into the rifle, and a lilja barrel sitting here doing nothing. Maybe just go all the way and not fool around. Does anyone specialize in these 77/22's? I like the looks and feel of the rifle, to bad they were not more careful in building them.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Having owned many Ruger products since 1968, I have not had any issues with any of them; (never owned a 77-22). So, useless? Please enumerate each one you have owned and why it was useless. I might have missed something in all the Single Actions, 77s, and #1s I have owned. And the 22 autoloaders that the Army issued me.

Posts: 17181 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote