Find
Notify
Tools

Encore Barrel and lug dimensions
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello Guys

Here I am "down under" thinking about winter projects and other cunning plans (usually they don't turn out so cunning once a bit of real thought goes into em - but hey dreams don't cost real money).

No-one locally here has an T/C Encore as pistols are very restricted, so I can't lay my hands on one to get an idea of what like they are.

Could some kind soul please give me some basic dimensions, I don't at this stage need any precision, to something like the nearest 24th of an inch would be fine.

I'm interested in the fundamentals of the barrel and lug geometry:

the barrel face to hinge pin centre - longnitudinal
the barrel diameter at the breech face
the width of the lug
the centre of the hinge pin to centre of the barrel - vertical
hinge pin diameter

If anyone has or knows someone with a CAD drawing that would be wonderful.

Many thanks - Foster

Posts: 605 | Location: Southland, New Zealand | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BTT

Folks - I haven't gotten a bite on this yet, I'd really appreciate someone getting their steel rule or caliphers alongside their Encore and PMing me the measurements. If I'm asking for something stupid or dodgy, I'd also like to know.

Thanks - Foster

Posts: 605 | Location: Southland, New Zealand | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tentman,

I can give you a couple of measurements, but all i have is a barrel and without the hingepin it it difficult to measure some of the dimensions you asked for.

These are measured with a micrometer and should be accurate:

Barrel diameter at breach face - 1.00"

Lug width - 0.620"

These are taken with calipers and may not be as accurate:

Barrel face to hingepin center - 0.905"

Center of hingepin to center of barrel - 1.775"

Hingepin hole diameter (not hingepin) - 0.430

Posts: 355 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 09 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Eric, Much appreciated

Foster