Find
Notify
Tools

Increase M77 mag capacity
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of prof242
posted
Does anyone know of a way to increase the capacity of the Ruger M77 MK-II magazine? I've got one rebarreled in .416 Taylor and would like to get at least one more round into the magazine.

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've had the same problem when I rechambered an extra 375 H&H to 375 Ultra. I've emailed a bunch of people about new drop magazine and only got one bite. I've got a 416 follower and had a few thousandths milled off the legs and I can barely get it to accept the one more round that I lost during the conversion. There is somebody who is in the process of maybe coming out with a bolt-on do-it-yourself bottom metal complete kit. Have a little patience as there is virtually no Ruger products out there, only Rem and Win stuff.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Please do a search under the gunsmithing forum and you will see that I posted an address for someone who used to make, or maybe still does, a "drop" magazine conversion for Ruger M-77. I just looked it up and it was posted somewhere around mid April of 03. Do a search under poster name "congomike" in the gunsmithing forum and you should find it. I talked to this person several years ago looking for a drop magazine for my .416 Rigby M-77 and at the time he said he wasn't going to do one, so I lost interest. You might try and contact him, not even sure he is still in business, but it is worth a phone call. Hope this helped...

Posts: 1665 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote