THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Where to get replacement spring and plunger for Sako style extractor?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to get replacement spring and plunger for Sako style extractor?
 Login/Join

Picture of Mark
posted
Hi all,

I managed to pierce a primer on my Rem 700 and it blew the plunger off the extractor. I suspect it may have warped/compressed the spring too.

It is a Tubb extractor, 223 bolt face. Tubb does not make them any more, I called them and was told to contact PTG and one more place whose name eludes me at the moment. The PTG customer service lady was not too helpful. Brownells does not seem to offer just the parts either.

Anyone have a spring and plunger for sale? If not I'll probably wait until it warms up enough to turn one on the lathe but thought I'd ask here first.

Thanks!

Mark

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6484 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rich!
Unfortunately they seem to be out at the moment:

http://www.midwestgunworks.com...ors&view_perpage=all

However even though I swear I looked at Midway the other day and didn't see anything, now they do so I'll just put an order together for them. (I suspect they were just waiting for me to post it here before they had the parts show up in their search engine, LOL)

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gre-Tan has those items.