New
Find
Notify
Tools

Attn:Jack Belk
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Could you give me an idea of when my Brownings will be done?I really hate to bug you like this,but I'm dieing to get back to beating myself into a pulp with my 458. [Wink]

Brian.

Posts: 529 | Location: Humboldt County,CA | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Lightnin>
posted
Brian,
I would think a phone call would be the appropiate way to handle this inquiry. You talk about putting a guy on the spot. I know its none of my business but I still think its improper.
Jim

<eldeguello>
posted
I believe this forum is for obtaining information that could conceivably be of interest to all users. Yes?? No?? Inquiries of a private nature like this one have no place here. Most of us could care less when your work will be completed!! Use a phone or e-mail for private affairs!! [Roll Eyes] [Confused] [Eek!]

one of us
posted Hide Post
#1)Jack's e-mail is caput,and he doesn't usually check his PM's
#2)I don't have his phone number,and I doubt if he wants me to actualy call and pester him
#3)There's nothing wrong with this post-I'm not putting Jack on the spot,just asking about when the rifles will be done,since they're almost done anyway and
#4)After having trolls here who post nothing but lies,you'ld think a post such as this wouldn't raise so many hackles.If you don't want to read it,pass it by.Last time I checked,it said "Attn:Jack Belk" in the title line-this means I want Jack to see it and read it,not you.
#5)I've seen many other people ask Jack about their projects being finished on this board and on HA-no one ever bitched about those before.

Sorry about this Jack.

Brian.

[ 06-28-2003, 22:23: Message edited by: Brian M ]

Posts: 529 | Location: Humboldt County,CA | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
Brian M - You have a PM.

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Still no response yet eh? Damn computers! His email is always down, but his web browser sure seems to work well! Where is a computer tech when u need one!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Glen,
Got it and back at ya.

Ralph,
Jack is usually busy and a lot of times doesn't have enough free time to be on the 'net.

Brian.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Back to top.

one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian M:

Ralph,
Jack is usually busy and a lot of times doesn't have enough free time to be on the 'net.

Brian.

Is this the same Jack that's got over 5,000 posts logged over at HA? I'll admit Jack hasn't spent much time over here lately, but he certainly has put in his time on the net. More than anyone else on this forum I think.

For the record, I don't think you were out of line in using this forum to contact him. Besides, it is Attn. Jack, but like everyone else, thought I'd drop in too. I just make sure I'm not the first to post on a topic that was not directed toward me.

Just goes to show, there's always folks out there that have nothing better to do than meddle in your business, instead of worrying about their own.
I've also noticed if you mention the name Axel, you'll get about 50 people climbing all over the thread trying to hunt this guy down.

Ahh the internet, what a place. Glad I don't live next to it. [Wink]

Posts: 1021 | Location: Prineville, OR 97754 | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is it just me, or has this become a thread to advertise the new MRC

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Where does this thread mention "MRC"???! [Confused]

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Kobe:

It's just you Jim. [Smile]

Posts: 1021 | Location: Prineville, OR 97754 | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess maybe I should have said "forum". I don't have a problem with a guy wanting to sell his product, but, like the guy said earlier, is this really the place for all the product reviews?

one of us
posted Hide Post
It's the gunsmithing forum. This is where interested parties will be.
Where would you like it?

Posts: 2000 | Location: Beaverton OR | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
As a consumer and wannabe gunsmith I really appreciate the reviews, feedback, rebuttals and outright advertisements. They sure beat the "unbiased" write ups in the gun rags. And I work for one of em. Don't ask me which, I won't say.

I've learned more about the trade in this forum, much of it from these types of reviews, than I got out of the classroom.

Posts: 4862 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys, I guess I was out of line on this one. My apologies to MRC; I really would like to own one.

one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Kobe:
I guess maybe I should have said "forum". I don't have a problem with a guy wanting to sell his product, but, like the guy said earlier, is this really the place for all the product reviews?

I didn't understand what you meant at first, but now I see the light. I looked through this thread a couple more times looking for MRC to no avail, but it finally occured to me what you were referring to.

I'd have to say that most of it is probably alright, but the damn charter issue numbers are getting on my nerves. Besides, I don't think the idea of posting everyones serial number all over the web is hot idea. BTJMO.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jack doesn't post on HA anymore as he says his PC won't allow him to.

Guess he isn't reading here either now.

Brian.

<eldeguello>
posted
Things are getting serious when your computer starts telling you what you can and can't do! I'd shoot the damn thing!! [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jack lives out in the middle of nowhere and has constant problems with his electricity, phone, and ISP. The electrical problems also fry his computer equipment on a pretty regular basis. When he disappears like this, that's normally the cause.

Best,
Joe

Posts: 144 | Location: Riverview, MI | Registered: 20 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim Kobe:
If you want an MRC, pick up the phone and lay down your credit card. Dan and the boys will be glad to accomodate you. Considering you are ordering this late, you won't have to wait as long as the rest of us have been.

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Never figured this thread would get this long!Back to top.

one of us
Picture of alvinmack
posted Hide Post
BTT [Smile]

Posts: 448 | Location: Lino Lakes, MN | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Mc
posted Hide Post
What's a "MRC" ???

Posts: 1450 | Location: North Georgia | Registered: 16 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Badboyz
posted Hide Post
Montana Rifle Company action.

one of us
Picture of Bill Mc
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Where is my mind? [Razz]

Posts: 1450 | Location: North Georgia | Registered: 16 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Even though J.Belk and I are about 300mi. apart I think it's super to live in the middle of nowhere.
Hope all people (hunters) stay away from nowhere.
Old Belk is just resting his "carpel- tunnel", that's what he is called over on HA.
Pete in Idaho

Posts: 382 | Location: Lewiston, Idaho--USA | Registered: 11 February 2002Reply With Quote