is there any gunsmith doing rifles in that German/Austrian style

Posts: 6433 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1845 | Registered: 01 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
yes, very nice . I have a Win pre-64 375 action that needs to be finished. I also like the flat sided stock . There's a pic of one in Steve Hughes book.

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
By flat-sided stock, do you mean side panels?
I like the German style also but stylistically it really doesn't mix well with a M70 action.

Reto Beuhler is another name to consider.
www.customsportingarms.com

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Side panels in my humble opinion should be done on a Mauser or muzzle loader. I have not seen another rifle that looks right, or would look right, with them.

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1488 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Here is a good article about the Plezier Rifle

I had Tip Burns, Canyon Sporting Arms build my son a 257 Roberts in the Plezier style. Great looking little rifle!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Rusty

thanks. interesting article.

Rich

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great article! Makes me want to buy a 95 action and build a replica.

Thanks for posting that.

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1488 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
The rifles pictured above are beautiful, but are more classically British than Teutonic.

Like the pre-war Mausers built for the British market.

Chic Worthing knows how to make a stock in the classic Teutonic style. Here is one from his website.

Chic is building a stock for me now. For a CZ 9.3x62mm that Mike McCabe worked on for me. Mike modified the metal work extensively.

The stock that Chic is making for me will be similar to the one above, but will not have the side panels or the barrel wedge.

I like Teutonic. Just not too Teutonic. I do like the one pictured above. Cool

But I wanted something a bit more substantial for the 9.3.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13472 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
I certainly like the Germainic style stock, but I personaly wouldn't care for a Winchester stocked in that fashion. Mauser, or even Sako, but not a Winchester or Springfield for me.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2939 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was also going to mention Chic Worthing, Chic consulted with Maurice Ottmar when he was still with us.

I own the rifle pictured above from Chic's website, a .338-06.

Posts: 1680 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Recoil Rob:
I was also going to mention Chic Worthing, Chic consulted with Maurice Ottmar when Maurice was still with us.

I own the rifle pictured above from Chic's website, a .338-06, Chic said that Maurice actually chambered the gun.

Posts: 1680 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote