Find
Notify
Tools

BOSS system on rifle with iron sights.
 Login/Join

<Ted Davis>
posted
Hello All,
I am having a boss put on my A-Bolt 375 H&H. It has a 26 inch barrel and iron sights. Is the boss compatible with the iron sights? I would like to make this a Scout type rifle with a rear mounted peep sight and still retain the front sight, if there is no problem with it or the boss interfering with one another. I will have a scout rail put on it after I have the boss system installed. Thanks, Ted.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I own a Browning A bolt in 375 with the factory installed Boss system. It has factory installed iron sights which is a must for any of my hunting rifles. The front sight is mounted on a ramp which compensates for the height of the Boss and barrel configuration. Any gunsmith can custom taylor either the ramp height or bead high. I like peep sights so that can be a deadly combo. Good luck

Posts: 2300 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
<Ted Davis>
posted
Thank you for sharing that information. I have a set of tall Williams sights on mine as well. I was going to have the barrel cut, but now, I see no need to lose the front sight if I don't have to. I will have an overall length of 28 inches, with the new Boss installed. The gun does not feel unwieldy at all with a 26 inch barrel. Two more inches shouldn't make much of a difference should it?