New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heritage Walnut
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have had a fantastic piece of walnut for over 30 yrs that I have been looking to make into a nice rifle. Acquired a nice pre-war M-70 in .375 H&H, with drop magazine...now the question. Has anyone had any experience with HERITAGE WALNUT in Colorado Springs, CO? It is within easy driving distance and I would much prefer to deliver and pick up the rifle in person. I recently mailed a rifle I sold and the post office managed to crush the box right at the wrist of the stock...trashed it. A few inches forward or reward and it would probably not have done much...so I am a bit gun shy (pun intended) now. Any help would be great. I am looking for a English "Express" Rifle style.
As a foot note, the post office took care of the problem with no hassles. It was a factory Ruger and easy to replace. Thanks again.

Posts: 1665 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've stopped by Heritage Walnut a few times on my way to Trinidad to teach. Jim Basio, who owns the company is a great guy and nice to deal with. You won't have any problems dealing with Jim and he does great work.

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Never bought any of their blanks but looked at some at the Tulsa show awhile back, were very nice and priced well, nice fellow who ran the table.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Biseo has panographed a couple of stocks for me and done extremely well. One stock had some knot issues which he was able to address completely.

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the information...looks like I will be heading down south soon...thanks again!

Posts: 1665 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim is a friend of mine and does great work. I have bought wood from him in the past and I have had him cut a stock for me on one of my patterns. I don't think you will be let down. If you see him tell him that I said hello.

Michael