As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post

This is his photobucket site

http://s138.photobucket.com/us...zpsb0caafdd.jpg.html

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Now that is handy. I had to send him the 10 pages of the write up. Roll Eyes

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just copied the two links, pasted and posted them. I'm very lazy !

coffee

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The print was drawn by Karl Larson and we had some conversion on correcting a couple of numbers a few years ago. I don't remember all we said, but it is ok with me for him to make these available. The site is Karl's.

I can make up a USB drive with all of my projects if anyone is interested. I am parked back under the same old OAK TREE where my last project on stocks started in April of 2010. The STOCKMAKER SHOW AND TELL is still on AR forum. You can find the article with a search on the AR site here. Look in the classified section for more details.

Posts: 965 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi---Thanks for the help
Sydney

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LesBrooks:
The print was drawn by Karl Larson and we had some conversion on correcting a couple of numbers a few years ago.

Stock dimensions are sort of a relative thing anyway Les. Back when I was making them, I don't think I ever made two with the same dimensions. The wrists on 90% of the stocks out there are too thick for the person their built for and I find LOP is generally too long in most cases too. We seem to be back breeding into a race of no neck, no shouldered aliens.

With the stupid scopes that the Chinese are peddling with the 30mm tubes and the 50mm objectives it's almost impossible to get a comb high enough and still have the cocking piece to clear without cutting a slot in it. Or is this me just being old and grumpy?

coffee

Rod Henrickson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Old and grumpy? Nah, just being pragmatic.
I am not a smith, but the dozen or so stocks I have done were guided by what I got from Roy Dunlap's " Gunsmithing".

Posts: 1074 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote