New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for gunsmith to restore BSA Martini
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The Eric Johnson Martini I've owned for years- I'd like to restore/bring it up to speed so I can use it.

It's in fairly good shape metal wise, needs to be restocked, a bit of work done to the lever which is somewhat less than graceful.

Thanks.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Might try JDSteele here on the forums. i believe he works on Martinis.

Luck,

Stephen

Posts: 538 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: 14 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've contacted him- in the meanwhile, any other gunsmiths that can be recommended?

Thanks.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
You might try Joe Seeley in Big Timber, Montana, who is a member of the American Custom Gun Guild. You can get his contact information through the ACGG website, or he also does work for C. Sharps Rifle Company in Big Timber.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3832 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Curt Hardcastle, Silver City, NM, does some very nice work on Martinis and is eminently capable of the work you describe.

Clarence

Posts: 303 | Location: Hill Country, TX | Registered: 26 December 2006Reply With Quote