Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning FN TRUING
 Login/Join

posted
Hi everyone. I trued my fn action that a gunsmith had forced the barrel threads and made a mess.What is a safe thickness for the reciever? He had galled the threads real bad . No wonder the gun would not shoot. I paid 400.00 for him to mess up my action and ruin a new barrel. Some friend huh? Anyway live and learn.What would a max minor diameter be
thanks for help and advise
Dan

Posts: 23 | Location: Lakewood, Colorado | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You say you already trued the action, so what did the minor turn out to be when you finished?

Posts: 1374 | Registered: 06 November 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hi Malm
its 1.048 minor. i just threaded a stub to check it and it looks pretty good. whole lot better than it was. my thread major was about 1.120
thanks foryour reply
Dan

Posts: 23 | Location: Lakewood, Colorado | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
Hi Malm
its 1.048 minor. i just threaded a stub to check it and it looks pretty good. whole lot better than it was. my thread major was about 1.120
thanks foryour reply
Dan

The front receiver ring is about 1.4 on the FN. With a minor of 1.048, the major should be somewhere between 1.150 - 1.160. At this, you would still have plenty of receiver material surrounding the barrel tennon.

Posts: 1374 | Registered: 06 November 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks Malm,
I alway appreciate your help for myself and the others here
Danny