Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Buy Barrels in Germany!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Quote:

Where can I buy Lothar Walther barrels in Germany??
Thanks for any replies....

Everywhere. Since every gunsmith and dealer can order them. The problem however is not buying, but gaining corporeal possession (you would need a German firearms permit for that), or applying for an export permit. The export permit is not difficult, but will consume time and red tape. And then, the US Homeland Gestapo will with some likelihood arrest you on the airport upon arrival, if choose to transport the barrel personally. You come from abroad, you have a gunpart, you are a terrorist.

Carcano

Posts: 2452 | Location: Old Europe | Registered: 23 June 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the answers guys!!

Since I�m not going to buy it inside Germany and I live in Europe, How do I apply for the export permit??

posted Hide Post
LW should be able to provide with the name of a dealer in your country of residence (or at least one nearby).

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you transport it persnally from Germany to your country, you must file the application; otherwise your German dealer / gunsmith. It is a written form (triplicate or quintuplicate, I am not sure). Only necessary for export outside the Euroean Union.

Within the Union, you do need not the Federal Export License from the Bundesausfuhramt in Eschborn, but instead for pre-approval you must file a firearms export notice with the local firearms office (city or county). The latter procedure (within the EU) is far more complicated and cumbersome than the (international) Federal Export License. You must previously acquire a "nihil obstat" from your own nation's firearms authority, to be stamped on the German form, and then present this to the German local firearms office.

Regards,
Carcano

Posts: 2452 | Location: Old Europe | Registered: 23 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lothar has US rep at: 3425 Hutchinson Rd, Cumming GA 30040
Tel 770 889 9998 Fax 770 889 4919..seeya Duane

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help!!

Carcano where can I get this German form??