Find
Notify
Tools

Steps for A-Bolt trigger adjustment?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Harold R. Stephens
posted
Does anyone have the procedures, diagram or internet link to adjust these triggers.

Have done Remington and Savage before just not a Browning.

Founding member of the 7MM STW club

Member of the Texas Cull Hunters Association

Posts: 512 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Unless they've changed, the Browning's only have 1 screw and it adjusts the weight of pull. It's on the back side of the trigger under the guard. The last one I worked on wouldn't go below about 4 lbs with the factory spring. The factory trigger was plenty crisp, just stiff. Alot of the crispness no doubt came from the small chromed square that was screwed into the top of the trigger and makes up the engagement surface.

In the end, I installed a Moyers trigger instead which is adjustable for weight of pull, overtravel and has a sear engagement screw. It was about $125 if I remember, but worth it, and the install was very easy.

Posts: 852 | Location: Austin | Registered: 24 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
1st step is to replace the overly heavy springs - brownells sells a kit. 2nd is to adjust the pull weight.

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote