Find
Notify
Tools

Sarco Inc?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of GrosVentreGeorge
posted
Has Sarco quit selling receivers and actions. I was just getting ready to purchase a couple of mausers from them and i can't seem to find them on there page.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton

Posts: 427 | Location: The Big Sky aka Dodson, MT | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of STINGER
posted Hide Post
I heard they are having some FFL issues due to their internal security problems. I read it somewhere and I'm having a brain wave right now and can't remember where I read it.

I also heard they are trying to move out of Joisey.

Perhaps someone with a little more knowledge on the subject can chime in.

Best wishes, Bill

Posts: 479 | Location: MINOT, NORTH DAKOTA | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Zeke
posted Hide Post
According to a post at ARFCOM, Sarco had an employee ripoff some handguns. As usual the ATF thugs are giving Sarco problems over this issue.

I don't know anything about Sarco wanting out of NJ.

ZM

Posts: 655 | Location: Oregon Monsoon Central | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I read another post on a forum that said their troubles also had to do with the State of NJ's laws on firearms and not just the ATF.

Posts: 1664 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just recieved one of their M98 actions-89.00 they advertised last month, only problem is they only sent the reciever and back ordered all the other parts until who knows when- 30/60 days is what the invoice says. They're getting it back ASAP.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I've been trying to get their m96 actions for about a month. They emailed me last tues asking to give them a call. I was told they cannot sell any firearms at this time, no idea when their FFL will be "re-newed" and the actions I wanted are drilled euro style. Frowner Oh well, penny saved penny earned..........Scott

One of Us
Picture of GrosVentreGeorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scott63:
I've been trying to get their m96 actions for about a month. They emailed me last tues asking to give them a call. I was told they cannot sell any firearms at this time, no idea when their FFL will be "re-newed" and the actions I wanted are drilled euro style. Frowner Oh well, penny saved penny earned..........Scott
Well that is good to know. I was looking at acquiring one of their m96's, but being side tapped for scope mounts is a deal breaker. I am still interested in the FN m98's though. I hope they can get going again soon.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton

Posts: 427 | Location: The Big Sky aka Dodson, MT | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
maybe they could use this time to organize their warehouse... Roll Eyes

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The employee who ripped them off and created all their problems ought to be publicly hanged for his affrontery. That will teach anyone else who may have such misbegotten intentions...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of sonofagun
posted Hide Post
Everybody send business their way to help them out!

Bob Shaffer

Posts: 1946 | Location: Michigun | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sarco had an employee ripoff some handguns. As usual the ATF thugs are giving Sarco problems over this issue.

I would certainly hope so! What do you expect them to say: "Oh well! Shit happens. Just keep on doing what you're doing"?
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
quote:
Sarco had an employee ripoff some handguns. As usual the ATF thugs are giving Sarco problems over this issue.

I would certainly hope so! What do you expect them to say: "Oh well! Shit happens. Just keep on doing what you're doing"?
Peter.

Why not, when it happens to them they do.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
SARCO is not dishonest, just incompetent.

I can just imagine them getting audited.

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yet another:

quote:
NY Rifle Company Ships Loaded Guns

NEW YORK (AP) — A rifle manufacturer asked arms dealers nationwide to make extra safety inspections after discovering it had accidentally shipped four guns loaded with live ammunition.

Henry Repeating Arms, a maker of lever-action rifles like ones used in the 1860s and 1870s, said a thorough round of inventory checks revealed no other loaded weapons.

"We would never want anybody to get hurt," the company's president, Anthony Imperato, said this week.

AP News

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote