Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

case stuck in barrell
 Login/Join

posted
the case on my 6mm came apart.the base came out. the case stuck in chamber. need to know how to get it out? or do i need to go to a gunsmith

one of us
posted Hide Post
Stick a new .45 brush in the case half. Give it a pull, it will come out.

Posts: 813 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 02 November 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
thank you scot.it work great thouk you gain.

[ 04-06-2003, 06:20: Message edited by: db ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello db - what i do in this case is to wrap some steel wool loosely around a jag and send the cleaning rod down the barrel. When the steel wool meets the end of the case it packs and -POP - out come the case. Unscrew the jag and recover the cleaning rod. Quick and doesn't damage anything.

cheers edi

Posts: 222 | Location: Cape Town South Africa | Registered: 02 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of sonofagun
posted Hide Post
NO, NO, NO! [Eek!] DON'T FOLLOW SCOT'S ADVICE. [Razz] THAT'S NOT THE RIGHT WAY TO DO IT. [Mad] STICK THE CASE HALF BACK IN THE CHAMBER AND TAP IT TIGHTLY IN PLACE WITH A SUITABLE TOOL AND HAMMER AND WAIT FOR PROPER [Confused] INSTRUCTIONS!

Posts: 1946 | Location: Michigun | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got a real bad 10mm broken case out with Cerrosafe. I cast it into the chamber and then pounded it out with a cleaning rod. I only do this with the easy ways don't work.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of sonofagun
posted Hide Post
HERE'S WHAT CHEETUM DOES:

FIRST HE GOES OUT TO THE BARS UNTIL HE FINDS A 18 YR. OLD ABOUT 38D-23-36 (OR BETTER). THAN AFTER PLYING HER WITH SMOOTH TALK AND FINE LIQUOR, HE TAKES HER BACK TO THE "SHOP". THEN, NEXT HE...

FOR THE REST OF DETAILS, SEND $50 TO:

DEWEY [Roll Eyes] CHEETUM [Eek!] & HOWE [Confused]
CUSTOM GUNSMITHS

Posts: 1946 | Location: Michigun | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote