Find
Notify
Tools

Sources of magnum-faced Mauser bolts?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted
I noticed that TooManyTools wrote in another thread that Dave Kiff is a good source of new Remington 700 bolts....good info, and thanks TMT! I didn't know that even though I live less than 100 miles (as the crow flies) from Dave.

Does anyone, perchance, know of a good supplier for magnum-faced, bent-handle, standard K-98 length Mauser bolts? I build the occasional switch-barrel Mauser where it is desirable to use both conventional and magnum rounds. Naturally I don't want to convert the original bolt in those instances.......

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have original Mauser extractors, firing pins, safeties and firing pin springs. I keep them around as spares. What I don't have are spare cocking pieces, shrouds, and the bolt bodies themselves.

Are there any people making/selling new bolt bodies with magnum faces and bent handles?

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try Davis May or one of the other guys who part out new mausers and gunbroker. PM me if you need the contact info.
Don

Posts: 1085 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Frank in FL
posted Hide Post
AC I think I have one if your intrested?
Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Response via PM sent, Frank.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 866 | Location: Puget Sound country | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Of immense use. Thank you very much Ray....

AC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
AC; Tradeexcanada has 98 bolt bodies listed on their web site, you could easily get them modified to suite your purpose. --- John303.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.tradeexcanada.com/i...k=view&id=6&Itemid=1

Good one, have to ask re. USA sales. r in s.

Posts: 866 | Location: Puget Sound country | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might try Stuart Satterlee at Satterlee Arms in Deadwood South Dakota. His website is www.satterleearms.com since Stuart manufactures complete actions, he can probably make anything you need.

Posts: 222 | Location: Central Iowa | Registered: 16 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you impingement.

one of us
posted Hide Post
A C

I have a new Interarms Mk X if you are interested PM me.

James

Posts: 658 | Location: W.Va | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
quote:
.... Originally posted by Alberta Canuck:
I build the occasional switch-barrel Mauser where it is desirable to use both conventional and magnum rounds. .....

I have two FN Mauser commercial bolts which would make a nice pair for a switch barrel rifle. I'm pretty sure they are from the Browning FNs. One is standard bolt face and the other is magnum.

I might sell them together. PM if interested.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Posts: 12818 | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With Quote