New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mauser Square Bridges
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Thought I would see if any of you guys know of someone other than clawmounts.com that make square bridges for Mausers. Just wanted to check on the options out there.
Thanks

Posts: 1330 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
kcstott

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I see some youtube vids and some posts on CalGuns but cant seem to find any contact info.

Posts: 1330 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magnum Hunter1:
Thought I would see if any of you guys know of someone other than clawmounts.com that make square bridges for Mausers. Just wanted to check on the options out there.
Thanks

I would just buy Ruger MKIIs they have some of the best mounts on the market.

Posts: 19443 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might contact New England Custom Gun. They can order you (import from Germany) anything made by Recknagel, and may have access to other such makers wares, in Germany, and elsewhere overseas.

I assume you are referring to non-welded square bridges.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3291 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magnum Hunter1:
I see some youtube vids and some posts on CalGuns but cant seem to find any contact info.

http://www.klstottlemyer.com/

Posts: 1084 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are you trying to get a set (front and rear?) Do you want to mount a scope? If so, what kind of rings.

Sounds like this might be a custom endeavor..Also depends if you want to retain he charge hump.

The front is pretty easy, the rear may need carful fitting.

$700.00 would no be out of line for a first class job

Posts: 3509 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you want the look try Sarco, they have the Dumolin. It needs some lovin but in the end it'll be cheaper .

Posts: 227 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: 03 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:
kcstott

+1

He made some for me a few years ago and they turned out beautiful. Dennis Olson welded them on and he was impressed with Kerry's work. BTW, I was impressed with Dennis's work, it is hard to tell that they were added on.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6836 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Were the bases welded? Soldered? What worked the best?

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:
kcstott

+1

He made some for me a few years ago and they turned out beautiful. Dennis Olson welded them on and he was impressed with Kerry's work. BTW, I was impressed with Dennis's work, it is hard to tell that they were added on.

Just don't tell him what you paid for them, Wink Prices have gone up since then. Glad to hear my name still thrown around.

For what Clawmounts is selling them for I can't touch that price and won't try to get in a competition with him. As long as they aren't 12L14 that's a damn good price.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote