THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Free .338 Winchester Model 70 Classic take-off barrel.

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Free .338 Winchester Model 70 Classic take-off barrel.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well, semi free.
Send me $20.00 for shipping and it's yours.

lawndart

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ill take it. pm me with the address and i send it asap.

Posts: 97 | Location: maple valley, wash. | Registered: 19 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
And if buffalobreath trips and falls on his way to his checkbook and gets knocked out.
Ill take it wave

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3071 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Man, you guys know what you want and jump in a timely manner. Too much gubroker.com

Buffalobreath has right of first refusal. If he changes his mind, or forgets where they put the mailbox; you are in the on deck circle cal30 1906. I may have the same type rifle barrel in 300 Remington Ultra Mag coming off the action shortl. That will engender some greater shopping excitement.

Thanks for your interest, gentlemen

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lawndart,

I thought you had my name on that .300RUM takeoff barrel? And, hopefully magazine box and follower?

Steve

Posts: 1725 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No Worries Mate,
The 300RUM barrel still has your name on it. This barrel is a 338 Win Mag that came off a different rifle. I'm building three rifles on model 70 actions; a 300 Win Mag, a 375 Weatherby and a 404 Jeffreys. The 338 barrel came off the action designated for the 300 Win Mag. The 7mm STW barrel was on the action designated for the 375WBY/416 Rem Mag. It had to have relief cuts made to get it off, so I sold it to Ass Clown (ttold him it was a new weight saving and increased cooling concept). The 404 Jeffreys designated action still has the 300 RUM barrel on it. I will be sending it off in a few months to get trued up. When my gunsmith takes it off I'll send you an e-mail.

I'll be using the factory bottom metal for a while. Best quality bottom metal and followers costs money. Money is not produced very quickly by a small medical practice in a county that is poor, even by Idaho standards Smiler.

lawndart

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It had to have relief cuts made to get it off, so I sold it to Ass Clown (ttold him it was a new weight saving and increased cooling concept).

JCN that's classic roflmao

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lawndart:
No Worries Mate,
The 300RUM barrel still has your name on it. This barrel is a 338 Win Mag that came off a different rifle. I'm building three rifles on model 70 actions; a 300 Win Mag, a 375 Weatherby and a 404 Jeffreys. The 338 barrel came off the action designated for the 300 Win Mag. The 7mm STW barrel was on the action designated for the 375WBY/416 Rem Mag. It had to have relief cuts made to get it off, so I sold it to Ass Clown (ttold him it was a new weight saving and increased cooling concept). The 404 Jeffreys designated action still has the 300 RUM barrel on it. I will be sending it off in a few months to get trued up. When my gunsmith takes it off I'll send you an e-mail.

I'll be using the factory bottom metal for a while. Best quality bottom metal and followers costs money. Money is not produced very quickly by a small medical practice in a county that is poor, even by Idaho standards Smiler.

lawndart

Thanks. I appreciate it. Don't tell anybody it's for a .300RUM, though.

Steve

Posts: 1725 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote