New
Find
Notify
Tools

L46 SAKO Magazine Length
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am considering obtaining an L46 SAKO in .222 Rem. The detachable magazine appears to be quite short. (I am basing this on an Internet screen shot.) What would the maximum cartridge OAL be limited to when feeding from this magazine? Would the maximum OAL be significantly longer for the top round im the magazine? What kind of groups could I expect from a sporter L46 in excellent condition, if limited to magazine fed rounds? rollinghills

Posts: 107 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 28 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't recall the exact specs but I do know the magazine is pretty well set up for factory specs but so is the throat of those great Sakos...

I believe that you have the ultimate 222 rifle in an L-46, a true example of the gunmakers art, and better than anything on todays market by a long shot...Everyone I have owned shot great...

I also love the next model, the L-461 and I have one of these in a custom rifle in 6x45 caliber.

The old Sakos are hard to beat.

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have had one since 1963 ( It is NOT for sale! ) The clip is 2 short for a 222 mag or a 223. It is a dandey !!!!!!!!!

Posts: 265 | Location: south texas | Registered: 30 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray said a mouthfull. I've had 2 of them and one got away. I still have the other. I discovered this morning that one I bought last year with a dropdead georgeous custom stock is a 222 Mag. The L 46 is the finest combination of accuracy, weight and craftsmanship ever made in 222. Group size is limited only by your reloading ability assuming you can see crosshairs.
I have a 461 and 469 also in 222 and 222Mag. Nice but not quite as nice as the L46.

[ 06-07-2003, 23:45: Message edited by: Dr. Duc ]

Posts: 1275 | Location: Fla | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the replies. You addressed my concerns. rolling hills

Posts: 107 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 28 October 2001Reply With Quote