Find
Notify
Tools

Trace of a Whitworth cheek piece needed
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted
Anyone have a Whitworth or similar design that they can trace the cheek piece for me. I had one and can't find it. CRYBABY

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got two magnums in the shop right now. Are you asking about just a trace of the cheekpiece and its relation to the buttstock?

Email me please Jkob60@msn.com

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ramrod340:
Anyone have a Whitworth or similar design that they can trace the cheek piece for me. I had one and can't find it. CRYBABY

How fast do you need it? I could let you borrow my stock if you want and you could trace it yourself? I have Whitworth stock on my .25-06 that I refinished a couple of years ago. We would just have to figure out a time to meet up.

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Taylor I appreciate the offer but I don't need anyone to go to that much effort. I call it a trace maybe rubbing would be better. A simple lay a piece of paper over the cheek piece and use a soft pencil to make the edge.

No HURRY AT ALL. As I was cleaning the shop yeaterday getting ready for a house full of guest I moved the stock I was reshaping. I then tore the area apart looking for the trace of a Whitworth I had at one time. Can't find it. Can't remember seeing it since the move. Not in the folder with my other drawings. Frowner Darn senior moments.

If someone has one they can trace and scan it send it to ramrod340@hotmail.com or PM me for my mailing address.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Paul,

I have done the same thing. I have traced the CP patterns of four English/pancake style cp.
fajen european, GAG Krag, Sako Safari, German sporter that had side panels and a snobble tip.
Let me know if your intrested with a PM
Bob