New
Find
Notify
Tools

VZ24
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What do you think of this action for a new project??

one of us
posted Hide Post
Good Choice

one of us
posted Hide Post
Find one with matching numbers and go for it. Mine include:
458 x2 American
416 Taylor
338 wm
338-06
375-06 or Scovill or Hawk or whatever it is.
358 Norma.

A very good start.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RobertD
posted Hide Post
I built up two rifles on mine and I have a third almost ready for a conversation. I am told this was the strongest M98 action ever made.

I built a 458 Win Mag and a 350 African Express on two of them. I am trying to figure out what to do with the last one. Something iron sighted, as it has the spiffy Czch fighting lion on the crest. A 35 Whelen perhaps?

RobertD

Posts: 269 | Location: East Bay, CA | Registered: 11 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What is the general opinion of the Brno 98/22? I understand it was a precursor to the VZ24? Suitable for a 9.3x64? Need to do something with the Midway Euro stock. Bob

Posts: 371 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very good action. Sometimes the bottom metal is a little rough, depending on how fastidious you are on esthetics, but they can be replaced. I have a 416 Taylor and 7x57 on VZ24s. Replaced the bottom metal on the 416 with Sunny Hill drop mag metal and left the 7x57 as is. I have a couple of VZ24 rifles that Ive laid back in case I decide on another project. The advantage of the 09 Arg actions is that the bottom metal most usually does not need to be replaced and has a commercial type hinged floorplate.

Posts: 119 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 23 December 2003Reply With Quote