New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: "new" steel bed?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Tried it and didn't like it...I use MarineTex from Brownells, it is a dull dark grey..I also keep Accuglass gel around and I have some steel and aluminum powders to mix in it with color, black or brown...I don't believe the steel or aluminum adds anything but cost to glass...

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I jsut tried my new order of the 32oz of steelbed.. just got the new containor in 2 weeksago...

the resin and the hardener are now BOTH silvery.. only traces of the black oily nasty stinky of the loder stuff... much smoother to mix and to pour (i use a syringe) but doesn't take color AT ALL (4 packs of steelbed black only got darker)...

oh, well, just wanted to know if any of ya'll had seen this

jeffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

...I don't believe the steel or aluminum adds anything but cost to glass...

i'm with you

Posts: 169 | Location: Never where you think | Registered: 03 February 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
and I disagree, besides, that part's my $$... and for my$$, i'll go with a steel inclusive compound, as long as the amount doesn't compromise the epoxy...

i was wondering if anyone else had seen this change, and if they also had to check the stock numbers to make sure it was actually TWO parts, the color is that close.

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote