New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our Shop Built This Rifle....
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Here's the link to the 6mmBR website story on the young shooter our shop sponsors:

Kelly Bachand

Did I say I love my job?

flaco

One of Us
Picture of darwinmauser
posted Hide Post
Flaco ,why do you use true flite barrels when there are so many top notch barrel makers in the US...or do you live in New Zealand ?

It's mercy, compassion and forgiveness I lack; not rationality.

Posts: 2414 | Location: Humpty Doo NT Australia | Registered: 18 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have shops in Zephyr Cove, NV--Lake Tahoe--and Santa Barbara, CA, where I am.

One of the advantages we have over other shops is that we keep a large inventory of barrels, ergo, no three to four month wait time.

This True-Flite barrel had been in inventory for at least two years. Most recently, we're using Bartleins exclusively.

If it's any consolation, darwinmauser, the stock is from Australia, by Phil Mastin.

It's no accident that a Barnard action won: Ballistician and Berger Bullets consultant Brian Litz won the Spirit of America match at the NRA Whittington Center in Raton at just about the same time, shooting a Barnard.

And, obviously, the True-Flite was good enough to win in Canada.

flaco

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great article, great job on the gun, and most importantly, Great JOB sponsoring that young shooter!

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1621 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This may be a stupid question, but what was the twist rate for that barrel?

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of darwinmauser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flaco:
We have shops in Zephyr Cove, NV--Lake Tahoe--and Santa Barbara, CA, where I am.

One of the advantages we have over other shops is that we keep a large inventory of barrels, ergo, no three to four month wait time.

This True-Flite barrel had been in inventory for at least two years. Most recently, we're using Bartleins exclusively.

If it's any consolation, darwinmauser, the stock is from Australia, by Phil Mastin.

It's no accident that a Barnard action won: Ballistician and Berger Bullets consultant Brian Litz won the Spirit of America match at the NRA Whittington Center in Raton at just about the same time, shooting a Barnard.

And, obviously, the True-Flite was good enough to win in Canada.

flaco

I don't need any consoling Flaco but thanks anyway , I was just curious as to why a New Zealand barrel as opposed to a local one, that you had it in stock is reason enough. Wink

It's mercy, compassion and forgiveness I lack; not rationality.

Posts: 2414 | Location: Humpty Doo NT Australia | Registered: 18 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle.From what I've heard,Warner sights are among the very best.I once spoke to him on the phone.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larrys:
This may be a stupid question, but what was the twist rate for that barrel?

Larry,
Since International Palma and Fullbore matches are limited to the 7.62 NATO cartridge with a bullet not to exceed 156 grains, most barrels are 1 turn in 13 inches. But with the newer and longer 155 grain bullets some are opting to go with the 12 twist barrels. I think that the .223 with an 80 grain bullet is also now legal for use in International fullbore, but the .308 is far and away the most popular.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 837 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Blair, for your twist explanation.

The barrel on this rifle has a 1:13 twist. Kelly said Sierra made special bullets for his team, but I don't know the particulars.

darwinmauser... it's not entirely correct to say that we use Bartlein barrels exclusively; we still have many True-Flites in stock.

Thanks, airgun1. We also sponsor the California Grizzlies.

Note their great success at Camp Perry despite being prevented from practicing with regulation ARs in California.

Many believe the Warner #2 to be the sight by which all others are judged, shootaway.

Alan Warner posts on this site.

Judiciously.

RBD

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
despite being prevented from practicing with regulation ARs in California.

"California" is Latin for "idiot government."

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote