Notify
Tools

STG/44 buy back
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted
STG/44 buyback

I have no idea of where to put this. Thank GOD they knew what it was & didn't destroy it.

Never know what is in little old ladies attics.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good fortune that there were educated officers present who recognized the significance and value, then did the right thing.

Posts: 3780 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This situation is a legal minefield- that's an unregistered full auto weapon.

"then did the right thing" -the correct thing would be to start arresting people and seize the gun.

Where to begin...

ATF? Huh?

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
IMHO this is the sort of thing that happens when you have a local PD that is in touch with everyone else in the area. I suspect the PD knows the lady, and probably knew the owner as well, and then you get good deeds like this happening. In regards to being arrested, I suspect the amnesty clause these buy-backs come with would kick in. With the gun in police custody, it will be interesting to see where it ends up. If it was a WW2 STEN then I could see it being crushed/melted but I suspect there would be a few museums willing to pay an attorney to help get this resolved in a productive manner.

On a different and more STG-related note, the Syrian rebels apparently liberated 5,000 STG44's from a warehouse and are using them right now:

http://www.armoryblog.com/fire...ed-by-syrian-rebels/

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Really Big Grin! Makes me want to go to Syria, kinda. Big Grin

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
What I can see happening is someone writing up a real life comparison between the AK and the STG, and possibly the M16.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote