New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thoughts on L579 single shot
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Have an opportunity to pick up a Sako L579 single shot action . Guessed it would originally have been a 6PPC but apparently they were built on a single shot L461 . From memory they were a pretty hot shooter for a factory gun .
Interested in comments on the action as a basis for a .220 Swift Varminter . Probably about half the cost of a new top brand single shot .

The hunting imperative was part of every man's soul; some denied or suppressed it, others diverted it into less blatantly violent avenues of expression, wielding clubs on the golf course or racquets on the court, substituting a little white ball for the prey of flesh and blood.
Wilbur Smith

Posts: 916 | Location: L.H. side of downunder | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bushchook,
I have a L461 single shot with a Douglas Premium barrel in .222 that thinks it's a benchrest rifle. I'd say go for it, either that or tell me where it's at(grin).

Stepchild

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1326 | Location: glennie, mi. USA | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Found out this morning that it was a converted repeater . Not interested .

The hunting imperative was part of every man's soul; some denied or suppressed it, others diverted it into less blatantly violent avenues of expression, wielding clubs on the golf course or racquets on the court, substituting a little white ball for the prey of flesh and blood.
Wilbur Smith

Posts: 916 | Location: L.H. side of downunder | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote