New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester Finger Lever part
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a finger lever from a late Model 94 Angle Eject in 357 Mag. On the front of it just behind the hook is a small piece of sheet metal that is held on with a screw and extends across the right hand side. The gun came in with this little piece all mangled and jamming up the action. I am unable to find this in any Winchester part book and no one I have talked too has seen it or knows what it does. I have looked at this thing for hours and cannot figure out what it is supposed to do. Can anyone here identify this or offer help???

Regards Jerry
Clio Gun Shop

G. D. Stockinger
N.R.A. Life Member

www.cliogunshop.com

Posts: 154 | Location: Clio, Alabama | Registered: 17 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just for laughs, it isn't sitting where it could toggle the trigger and fire the gun as the lever is closed could it? The reason I asked is, I had an old 94 come into the shop years ago with a home made sheet metal tab attached that was supposed to allow the gun to "fan fire" while operating just the lever. As in Lucas McCane.

Posts: 1374 | Registered: 06 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The piece you're looking for is called the cartridge block and a cartridge block screw. I've had to replace these before, and they're only on the .357 Mag. According to my Brownells catalog, their stock no. is 910-000-225 and 910-000-187 for the screw. Hope this helps.

Posts: 51 | Location: canyon lake,texas | Registered: 29 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys I knew someone had the answer.

No Malm I am familiar with the "Rifleman" mod. It is not that

Tip Thanks for your help I will have one on order this afternoon. I am going to examine the Brownells website to see if they show it. For some reason I never thought to look there. I turned 64 yrs old yesterday and I have noticed that ever since I passed 60 the brake lining between the ears has started to slip a little.

Regards

G. D. Stockinger
N.R.A. Life Member

www.cliogunshop.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am too late. Brownells is saying discontinued. Thats what happens when a company goes out of business. Does anyone have a cartridge block they want to sell? The screw I have is good.

G. D. Stockinger
N.R.A. Life Member

www.cliogunshop.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Or... you could try the Winchester parts dept., still extant.

If you have the Winchester part #--I got it from the Brownell's catalog--they can tell you whether they have it. I bought a Model 70 part a couple of weeks ago, and service was excellent.

If you don't have the Winchester part #, then you have to download their PDF file. And find it there.

Good luck,

flaco

one of us
Picture of Tex21
posted Hide Post
Although it may be a longshot, have you tried Numrich?

Jason

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

Posts: 1449 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote