THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    What type of metal can I use to make a trigger guard?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What type of metal can I use to make a trigger guard?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone know what kind of metal is suitable for bending into a trigger guard?

Posts: 56 | Location: Melbourne | Registered: 26 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anything you want steel, Alum, Brass. They well all work.

Posts: 19582 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Trigger guard for what?

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A trigger guard for my Nintendo controller. By the way this is a forum about guns.

Posts: 56 | Location: Melbourne | Registered: 26 December 2001Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Lazog,

Please forgive that silly ol' Leftoverdj, he was probably all confused-like and that is why he asked what sort of thingy you wanted to make a trigger guard for. But at least you straightened him out there! Silly ol' him was probably getting bogged down in little details like a make and model, or ever whether you wanted it for a bolt action 22 or making a replacement for a shotgun triggerguard....

However, specifics are usually better than sarcasm if you want a really educated answer.

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Lasog,
I guess the key word to your question "bend" of the three metals mild steel suits that purpose. I usually have my triggerguard laser cut to shape then I finish with hand tools. By the way I agree with Markwhite. Mel

Posts: 2 | Location: Queensland Australia | Registered: 08 January 2003Reply With Quote