Find
Notify
Tools

Suppresors on a pistol
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Been kicking around the idea of adding one of these to a semiauto .22

What is involved to do it legally and can anyone recommend a source for purchasing one?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
Been kicking around the idea of adding one of these to a semiauto .22

What is involved to do it legally and can anyone recommend a source for purchasing one?

Have installed many on .22 semi-auto pistolas and rifles. You obtain these through a class 3 dealer. Look for one in your area. http://www.amga.net/C3.htm

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A class 3 dealer and a form 4 along with a 200.00 tax stamp. You can also go the route of setting up a trust and everyone named in the trust can use the same can.
Several options.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Is the tax stamp a one-time fee, or an annual (or other recurring) fee?

MKane160

You can always make more money, you can never make more time...........LLYWD. Have you signed your donor card yet?

Posts: 488 | Location: TN | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The $200 tax stamp is a one time only deal.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.
Generally speaking what do the supressors cost and do they affect accuracy?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
This is how it worked out for me. I went to the dealer and bought the silencer. Then I went to Walgreens and got 2 passport photos made. After that I went back to the dealer and filled out the application and we went to the sheriffs office. They finger printed me there and I shook the sheriffs hand. He signed off on the application and all the forms, photo's and a check for $200 went in the mail. About 6 weeks later the shop calls and tells me the paper work is back and I need to come get my new toy out of his safe Big Grin Except for the waiting it was pretty much hassle free.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
Thanks guys.
Generally speaking what do the supressors cost and do they affect accuracy?

A good .22LR can will run between $200-$300. They do affect accuracy on my guns. They improve it.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Best way to find out and a hell of a good guy to deal with, is call Steve at Alaska tactical. hes on muldoon here in town.

A lesson in irony

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing this year the greatest amount of free Meals and Food Stamps ever, to 46 million people.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us... "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because "The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Thus ends today's lesson in irony.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Michigan but dreaming of my home in AK | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Joel,
Thanks
As soon as the Buck Mark I have on order comes in I will do that.

Jimmy, how do I set up that trust so my wife and son can shoot it as well?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Think about what you just said. It's one thing to let her have the credit card; giving her the suppressed pistol ups the ante quite a bit!

ld

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote