New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Stock
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The stock on my Ruger M77 MK2 458 LOTT Has vracked on the pistol grip after only about thirty rounds fired through it. Yes everything was tight! Can anyone recommend a good synthetic stock and where i can get it from that i can replace my wooden one with as Ruger will not help me as i live in the dreaded Zimbabwe and they will not ship anything to me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Zimguide,

Armtec in Pretoria is an option. Tel : +2783 531 5860. Check out their website(http://www.armtec.co.za/) they offer a good variety of synthetic stocks and seems like they can cater for your Ruger inlet.

Also, I know its not synthetic like you asked for, but Danie Joubert in Pretoria offers a drop-in beech stock for the Brno rifles. Im sure he would alter the inlet for a fee. The cost of the stock is about R4600 as of June 2010. They are hand-finished, checkered and come with a recoil pad etc. Seems like a good working stock. Tel: +27 12 807 4892

Posts: 210 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 16 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Zimguide:

While I don't have a better suggestion than what's been offered already, I would be open to acting as intermediary between you and Ruger if that would help. I live in the US and would be happy to ship something to you if it's possible. I hunted in Zimbabwe in 1984 and remember how difficult (and expensive) things were back then for our PH's.

Feel free to PM me if you think I can help.

Sincerely,

Jeff

Posts: 203 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: 30 July 2004Reply With Quote