Find
Notify
Tools

Rifle finishes what else is there?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Crimp_me
posted
I am building a 6mm PPC on a Daly mini mauser and was wondering about finishes. Besides blueing what other choices are out there that look good. I guess I am looking for something a little different.

People kill people, Not guns.

Posts: 83 | Location: Lapeer, MI | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted Hide Post
Mostly a bunch of paint type finishes are the other choices. I've got Black KG Gunkote on two rifles and it looks and holds up pretty well.

Browningguy
Houston, TX
We Band of 45-70ers

Posts: 1242 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hard chrome. It is corrosion resistant as all get out, and is very durable. Alot of pistols are done in hard chrome to prevent holster wear.

Posts: 167 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might want to check out www.hotflashrefinishing.com. They offer other finishes, along with standard bluing. I've used them on a couple of rifles. Nice work, nice guys, good pricing.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of pepperbelly
posted Hide Post
Parkerizing protects well, can be had in light grey, dark grey and with a greenish tint. There may be other colors available.
Contact one of the bigger gunsmithing shops. There are several finishes available.
Why don't you want it blue?
Jim

NRA Life Member

Posts: 152 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ro-bar's NP-3 is the best.

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crimp_me:
I am building a 6mm PPC on a Daly mini mauser and was wondering about finishes. Besides blueing what other choices are out there that look good. I guess I am looking for something a little different.

Why not BROWN it like a muzzleloader!

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ro-Bar, Hard Chrome are two that I have used quite a bit. Both are top shelf, I have a custom 700 that was Hard chromed and then bead blasted, it is outstanding, no shiney glare.
There is also an outfit that does a camo finish in Colorado called Bearcoat, was great looking and tough as nails.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote