Find
Notify
Tools

Magnaport Gunsmithing Feedback
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted
I'm going to have my 629 4" reconfigured to RB. Magnaport was recommended to me. This particular service is $95 plus associated shipping costs.

I am looking for any useful feedback from Magnaport customers. Any recommendations on shipping would also be appreciated.

I haven't shipped a firearm out for gunwork in over 20 years. Any info on the pitfalls to avoid would also be useful.

Thank you.

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hobie, I have had them do 2 Blackhawks, and was very pleased with them,as its a handgun your stuck with overnight shipping, I use Fed-Ex and have never had a problem

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 300 Weatherby that is Magnaported. With my flinch I doubt if I could use it if it wasn't ported. derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Make sure you follow EVERY detail exactly per their instructions.

If they have to take even one screw or part off that barreled action, they will charge you $25

I've had a couple unhappy situations with them.

The job they do has always been great, if I can get passed some problems.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the comments.

Anyone got any recommendations on actually packing the gun up? I take it I should remove the grips that are on it, anything else I should do, specifically?

Like I said, it has been years and I know things have changed... [Roll Eyes]

Thanks again.

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote