New
Find
Notify
Tools

Martini Cadet scope question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Martini that I built into 7-30 Waters and am having trouble finding a scope mount setup that will allow the ejected cartridge to clear the scope. I have a butt stock that will allow a higher mounting just haven't found a combination that works. I a currently using a Weaver base that is mounted on the barrel. So have anyone solved this problem?
This is the setup I have currently on it.

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1510 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Hi Rolland.

I have one in 7-30 Waters, as well. I have Warne mounts on mine, and used the highest rings I could get. My suggestion is to get a set of extra high rings to fit your base, and see if that solves the issue.

Dave

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3821 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What base did you use??

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1510 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Mine has a rib on the barrel milled for the Warne rings. From your photo, I don't think your bases are significantly lower than my rib. If your base takes Weaver rings, look for the extra high rings that are used on flat top ARs.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3821 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use Talley one piece bases for scope bases on Martinis and other single shots, like Borchardts and Highwalls. As a bonus, you can put a Talley aperture sign in place of the rear ring.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2147 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote