New
Find
Notify
Tools

Installing Blaser Kickstop
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a Blaser kickstop I want to install on my R93. The directions came in German. Does any have the directions for installation in English? Or if you can just describe how it is supposed to be done. Thanks.

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know how much text it is. If you are willing to type it and post it here, I can translate it for you.

Posts: 164 | Location: Germany | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
M16, I use a Kickstop in my .300 Win Mag OffRoad. Installation is pretty straight forward : take off the recoil pad and screw the tube in the hollowed out stock (where there's a screw waiting for it).

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JV Thanks for the offer to translate but it is quite a bit of information and I am not in a big hurry to install the kickstop. Andre- Evidently mine is different. I pulled off the recoil pad but there appears to be a sloted type of screw that has to be removed to be able to install the kickstop. I am wondering if it takes a special tool.

<Doc Garnett>
posted
M16 --
Just curious, but what cartridge(s) are you shooting in your R93? FWIW, my only barrel is chambered for .30-06 and I find the recoil easily acceptable, even with warm 200 grain loads. Also FWIW, I have rifles by Mauser, Ruger, Remington, Blaser and Winchester, bolt guns, lever actions and semi-autos, custom, semi-custom and off he shelf ... and I think the easiest handling best all around hunting rifle I own is my R93. I'm thinking of adding .223, 6.5x55 and 9.3x62 bbls. But by the time I add the costs of barrel, mount/rings, magazines and new bolts ... I'm well on my way to the cost of top flite off the shelf rifle. Decisions, decisions ...
--- Doc

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am putting together a .416 Remington. I bought a package deal that included the barrel, fore-end, as well as the kickstop. I shot it yesterday without the kickstop and it doesn't kick too bad but I figured since I have the kickstop why not try it. I agree that the Blaser is one of the softest shooting rifles I have. It is amazing what a great stock design will do for recoil.

one of us
posted Hide Post
M16, drop Blaser a mail - they are usually pretty good at replying to mail - even though the mail is in English. I've had good responsetimes from them (2-3 days). contact@blaser.de
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
M16
It depends on when your Blaser was made. Now you can just remove the recoil pad and it will screw into the nut that holds the stock on the reciever. On an older Blaser you will have to have this nut added. I am not sure if you will have to adjust the "hole" in the stock in any way. One of my friends had to get the special "nut" for his Blaser. He has had it several years. The kickstop makes the rifle balance correctly with the heavy bbl.

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote