New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sling Studs insert into stock...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
These are the flush with the stock--------- where you turn 90 degrees push the metal "T" that is on the sling into the slot and rotate it back 90 degrees. This makes it very quick and easy to remove the sling. I don't know what they are called, evidently.
My problem - I broke a McMillian stock that had these inserts. After the stock was replaced, these came back from Mc Millian in a plastic bag. I have been told there is a special jig/tool to replace the female part into the stock (revese threaded???)

Thanks, Lee

Posts: 208 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: 14 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Found them at Brownells - Pachmayr $25.00
Any hints on install?
Now I need to find a 7/16" Brad point drill.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I tried them on a couple rifles and decided I didn't care for them.

If you use them be sure and epoxy them in good and tight.

Watch how wide they are on your buttstock, and be sure they are perfectly centered.

Careful with the "T"'s, they break relatively easily...........................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And that's not the worst part... They also tend to release them selves

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
Theres a reason you don't see them often.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2945 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What about the Sunny Hill set -- Twice as much 49.95. any coments?? Lee

one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
I have no experience with the Sunny Hill type.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2945 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gunmaker
posted Hide Post
The Pachmayr flush swivels are the loudest swivels I have ever hunted with. Squeek!

gunmaker
------------------
James Anderson Metalsmith & Stockmaker
WEB SITE

More Pics on FLICKR

Posts: 1861 | Location: Western South Dakota | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check what the installation jig costs!!!
http://www.pachmayr.com/sling-swivels.php

Don

Posts: 78 | Location: Hampton, VA | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
I've used the Uncle Mike's QD 100 flush mounted sling swivels for over 40 years. I have them on six of my centerfire hunting rifles and a couple of .22 rimfires.

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1635 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Buff,
Has one of the push button swivels ever unintentionally released on you? Am interested in using these, but wonder if the button could be hit by accident, releasing the sling. If you haven't had a problem in 40 years then I guess that risk is pretty low. Thanks.

Posts: 353 | Location: Southern Black Hills SD | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
I've never had them release in the field. You have to push the button in quite deep before they will release. However, I did have one set that didn't hold.

This wasn't a big problem, as I was mainly after the stock inserts. In the past, these were only offered as a set -- 2 sling loop/swivels, and 2 stock inserts. I have a box full of the loop swivels, as I have more rifles than slings. Smiler

I see in my latest Brownell's catalog that they now offer loop/swivels and insert/bases separately.

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1635 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don
I don't know if you need the jig but they do call for a 9/16 brad point drill bit. Home Depot doesn't go past 1/2".
McMillian didn't install mine when they replaced my broken fiberglass stock - sent the incerts back in a baggie.
Lee

I'll look up Uncle Mike's flush mount.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Make life easy on yourself use these:

supergrade wichester sling bases

Posts: 496 | Location: ME | Registered: 08 May 2003Reply With Quote