New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lead Shot Ban In Washington State
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I know it isn't a gunsmithing "thing" but it is of imprortance and no one looks at the shotgun portion of this site.

There are two house bills presently in Olympia Washington, one HB 2211 and HB 1822.

HB 2211 will, if passed, impose a 24 cent tax per ounce on toxic shot used or "handled" in this state, that includes the sale. On a 25 pound bag, that would increase the cost of the bag $96 and $6 on a box of shells.

HB 1822 would by the year 2008 make it illegal to use toxic shot on any lands in the state of Washington for hunting purposes.

If you are a Washington Resident, get ahold of your representatives and SCREAM.

HB 2211

HB 1822

Washington residents, contact your representative here.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A "TAX" on shot? What a bunch of BS. Sounds like California crap.

Some washington Polititions are are trying to stick their hands in your pockets and steal your hard earned money that you worked for.

Crooks !! its Political embesilment (sp)!!!

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Getnlemen
This is such a crock of shit Mad Mad Greenies and anti-gun nuts is doing their best to ban everything Mad Mad

I hope they don't get this thru

Cheers
/ JOHAN

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, a way for politicians to extract money from an unpopular group, to solve a non existant problem, using junk science.

You Washington State folks need to raise holy hell. Shine the light of truth on these rats. It will be tough. There is huge money in toxic substances for the government machine. Most politicians and people in general can not distenguish between the risk associated with shooting lead shot and a baby eating lead paint chips.

Banning lead shot will create a black market in shotshells and shot. Hope all you Washington guys have lots of fun smuggling shotshells, shot and making shot from wheeel weights.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just wait until they try to ban your lead core rifle bullets. They are trying to do that here in California.

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
I was just on the Norma web site. They have a notice that in 2008 they will no longer be able to make bullets with lead. I guess the greenies have already screwed the Swedes, now looking to Washington state.

Go take a look at the Norma site.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I grew up in WA...hunted and fished all over the state. It never ceases to amaze me how liberal King County (Seattle)drives the states politics. I think the east side should form a new state.
It just gets worse and worse, eight years with Locke and now another democrat as gov....I want to move back to the west someday, but it may have to be Idaho or Montana.
I'm suprise they havn't gone after fishing weights, that will be next.
Raise enough hell over it and hopefully good sense will prevail.

Posts: 484 | Location: SLC, UT | Registered: 01 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They see how Calif gets laws passed to "legaly steal" money from its residents so washington is jumping on the band wagon of Imbesilment of money from its resident citizens.

Im suprised they havent put a 100% tax on Expreso Coffee. Those Yuppi Coffee houses are makeing bank. Pass a law to get money from them.

They can Pass a law saying french venila coffee is a toxic waste and fine you $15000 if you spill any on the ground! Make up a special police swat task force to BUST coffee spillers
Eeker Eeker Eeker

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
Just gave Senator Morton and ear full.
@#@#%^T@#$%@#$ liberal King County full of horse pucky twirps.

Mad

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ropes
posted Hide Post
When I lived in Nevada you could see the California insanity starting there also. I think alot of it is caused by the flood of people who move out of California to other areas..

Posts: 549 | Location: Denial | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The US black community has 50% illegitimacy, the Swedes have 80%.

How did the Swedes get ahead of us?

With taxes at 50% of GNP in Sweden and only 20% in the US, we can't compete with the Swedes for destroying the family with government programs.

Also, anyone who loves guns and has an engineering degree can immigrate to the US.

I live in WA state, where each high school must send a weekly bully report to the state capitol, telling what bullying the school has discovered.

Feel like moving to WA?

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote