Find
Notify
Tools

Super X Mod 1 bolt slide buffer
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of BigB
posted
Bought a used Super X model 1 and am trying to install new bolt slide buffer. Old one came out in pieces. I have tried to clean all of the old one out and think I have it but the new one does not want to push/snap in.

Any suggestions or tricks to this?

Thanks

BigB

Posts: 1401 | Location: Northwest Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aaron Little
posted Hide Post
I have done this in the past by using a wooden dowel pushed through the action face; just use a hammer to snap it in.

http://www.facebook.com/profil...p?id=100001646464847

A.M. Little Bespoke Gunmakers LLC
682-554-0044
Michael08TDK@yahoo.com

Posts: 1026 | Location: Mineola, TX | Registered: 15 October 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigB
posted Hide Post
Aaron,

Thanks I will try that tomorrow when I can go buy a dowel rod.

BigB

Posts: 1401 | Location: Northwest Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
First make very sure all of the old buffer and pieces are out.

Spray or wipe just a little silicon or CLP etc on around the inside of the receiver area just so the buffer will slide easier.

Orient the quarter moon buffer cut out so it will go around the spring tube.

Put a very small amount of high quality grease or even a little vaseline on the hole and just an even smaller dab on the rear and nub of the buffer. ( Again not much - just a little wet. On the bench I use a syringe with grease in it and it puts out a very thin spot or line of grease. Less than I can by dabbing a finger - and a lot less than than a big smooge of grease on a finger from a wipe through the jar. Wink)

Set up a long socket extension (3/8 or 1/2) and a corresponding socket that the flat fits the buffer (3/4 or so). Slide the buffer into the front opening of the the receiver and with the receiver vertical and line it up. Insert the extension tool with flat against the buffer, or the dowel, etc ( nothing sharp) and give it a whack with a small hammer. It will seat up.

Shake it around a tad to be sure it's set.

After your first couple of heavy loads run through the gun that Winchester bolt will definitely have it fully seated. Smiler

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigB
posted Hide Post
Aaron - TexKD,

Thanks, all set bushing is in place. Will test fire when I can get to range which is 70 miles. Part of the problem living in Chicago.

BigB