Find
Notify
Tools

Norinco 22 Semi Auto
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted
I have for repair the above rifle Outer tube broke off from action , does anyone know where another outer tube can be purchased for this Chinese gun ? Numerich NO ! Brownells NO ! Thanks Concho .

Don't take the chip !

Posts: 578 | Location: PA | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't know if this is any help or not. Sounds like you aren't going to find parts for it.
Gunsmith Kink

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike I have the kinks , That will not work for this fix , I a going to make a new tube that is .562 OD with .375 ID and thread it 9/16x 18" and re-tap the action and the nut that holds the stock . Bore the stock to fit the new tube . I found a company that has the seamless tubing , Aladdin in Ill. No reply from them yet ?

Don't take the chip !

one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
Sounds like more work/money than the rifle us worth--common with .22s.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2939 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted Hide Post
When I explained what had to be done and the round figure of repair the man gave the gun to me and said junk it .

Don't take the chip !

One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted Hide Post
Mr. J Wisner , Thanks for the offer for a Tube , I am cutting new threads and newed a raw unaltered tube the metric size is to weak for the id of .375 id tube 12x1 is just not the correct size for the action , I am tapping a larger size in action and stock nut , The rifle is mine so I don't care about time or cost .
I tried to answer privately but mailer demon sent it back . Concho

Don't take the chip !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since this rifle is a knockoff a browning,
or a Remington 24 could fit.

Posts: 1028 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
numrich lists them at 17.95

Posts: 1028 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted Hide Post
Yes they do and the red sign says sold out .
I don't want another Norinco junk tube , They are not strong enough for the job . I will make a larger walled tube

Don't take the chip !

one of us
posted Hide Post
The one broken factory tube I had, which caused me to make some replacements.

The threads had been cut with a die chaser head, BUT something was not true, the threads were offset about .012". Thus making one side very thin and the other side thick.

I have seen beavers cut better than the factory tube threads, which is why a CNC lathe is the best way to cut that type of threads.

J Wisner

Posts: 1452 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad mine is a Browning. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted Hide Post
The Browning is a 1/2x40 pitch thread , I have that tube and ordered a tap to change the action to match .will have to run a .375 reamer threw the browning tube as it is .366 exactly what the feed tube is will not slide inside the browning tube .

Don't take the chip !

One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted Hide Post
Update on Norinco 22
Ordered from Brownell's a Winchester feed tube Threads 1/2x40used a 31/64 End Mill and then threaded the action and tube nut , Gun is finished and works like hew , No Jams !

Don't take the chip !