New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with burrs in chamber, please
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well it had to happen, after 25 internet deals I got the short end. Almost new Mark V rifle with two majors burrs just opposite each other just above the belt and one further up the wall. Should probably send to Weatherby as a factory defect, however, it has an aftermarket removable brake. I don't see how, but could a sloppy smith have done the damage installing the brake? Thanks.

Posts: 206 | Location: Tucson, AZ, USA | Registered: 26 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
I'd sent it to Weatherby anyway. Installing a brake SHOUlD have had nothing to do with the chamber.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It sounds as if someone used something sharp to force out a stuck case, and scored the chamber. Just a thought. It might be possible to polish it out if not too deep; otherwise a barrel setback and rechambering is in order most likely. I hope your able to resolve the problem.

Posts: 58 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 23 November 2003Reply With Quote