Find
Notify
Tools

Truck receiver action wrench
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
I read somewhere that someone made a truck receiver action wrench. Anyone have an idea who that was and how much they are?

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bolted my barrel vise to a piece of hitch tubing.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Easy to make or get made, weld a flat plate on a hitch bar, bolt on your barrel vice, voila, one barrel vice for your truck! Just make sure it's long enough that you can still twist the action/scope/stock a full 360º.
To be honest, I attached mine to a slider, the same I use for my wood vice, which I use to clamp my chainsaw to when sharpening it out in the boonies. It has a plate top and bottom, but the vice is a permanent fixture, while I remove the barrel vice.

Cheers.
tu2

Posts: 683 | Location: N E Victoria, Australia. | Registered: 26 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Cool there is a couple machine shops in town. I'll do that. Sounds like a very easy fix.

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
10 or 15 years ago I was working out of a temporary shop without a solid bench so I attached the barrel vise to a 2 inch square tube to fit a receiver hitch. Worked great!

And to this day, my barrel vise is still wearing the same piece of 2 inch tube! Just clamp it into the bench vise when I need to use it!

Posts: 549 | Location: Mostly USA | Registered: 25 March 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Never thought about doing this. I just pull mine loose from the bench. Roll Eyes coffee

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Just use a strap wrench.

Posts: 17181 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey, just back the ole truck in the shop and...

Posts: 1743 | Registered: 25 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
use a 3' of so long piece for room to swing tools. make sure the vise is flush against one side of the tube, and not in the middle.

if you need rock solid, put a floor jack under the end sticking out.