Find
Notify
Tools

400 Whelen Barrels
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted
Shameless plug for my ad in Classifieds for new .400 barrels, suitable for 400 Whelen and other 40 calibers. .410 groove, 14 twist.,25 inches long, 3 pounds. CNC contoured to the Oberndorf pattern.

Posts: 17294 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
coffee

Must be a bitch, polishing out those rings ahead of the chamber, huh Tom?

OK, I'll shut up now. he he he

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
No, I just use a coarse belt on those.

Posts: 17294 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
coffee On a side note:

I bought a Baldor 2x48 belt sander about 30 years ago. So far I have abused the ever-living-snot outta it and I have had to replace sweet-fawk-all but the on off switch. It would be nicer to have found a Wilton Square Wheel back in the day, less bumpity-bump-bump and the cost of belts is less, but I still can't complain. Damned thing will, polish, grind and fix damned near anything and give you change back for a buck! I haven't taught it to fetch me a beer yet, but I don't think it's beyond it's limitations. Just operator error.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
I haven't taught it to fetch me a beer yet

Grandkids handle that one.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ramrod340:
quote:
I haven't taught it to fetch me a beer yet

Grandkids handle that one.

coffee No kids = no grand-kids. I'm betting all my cards on the belt sander Paul ! ! ! !

Rod Henrickson

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm betting all my cards on the belt sander Paul

Like a dog give it plenty of positive reinforcement. rotflmo

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ramrod340:
quote:
I'm betting all my cards on the belt sander Paul

Like a dog give it plenty of positive reinforcement. rotflmo

popcorn Just spit balling here, but - - - - - maybe feed it a couple of Toms, infernal, tent peg, rebar, Mauser barrels as a treat ?

Rod Henrickson