Find
Notify
Tools

Thanks from the soldiers in Iraq!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted
I just wanted to say thanks to you all for the support you have given us over here. A few weeks ago I posted here hoping to scrounge a few magazines for me and the guys. What resulted was several incredible care packages. You cant imagine how much this has meant to me and my soldiers. Thank you so much for everything.

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
what you guys are doing for us is more than any amount of care packages can ever equal. the thanks go to you and your guys.

blaming guns for crime is like blaming silverware for rosie o'donnell being fat

Posts: 1213 | Location: new braunfels, tx | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
I agree. I just got back from talking to my father about his experiences in SE Asia. My friends and cousin are there now. God Bless you all!

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello M1Tanker,
As others said, we support you totally over there and are indeed thankfull for what you do for America.

one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
As many others have said, Thank You for your service. thumb

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunt-ducks
posted Hide Post
THANK YOU for your service to this country.

Posts: 450 | Location: CA. | Registered: 15 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Thank you to all of you in service to our country!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of olcrip
posted Hide Post
A big thanks to all who serve with you that protect my right to say thanks to those that give so much for the rest of us.

Olcrip,
Nuclear Grade UBC Ret.
NRA Life Member, December 2009

Politicians should wear Nascar Driver's jump suites so we can tell who their corporate sponsers are!

Posts: 1800 | Location: River City, USA. East of the Mississippi | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill:

Please post (again????) how and where best to send these things.

I've got a pile of guns and hunting mags stacked up here to donate. Much of the time I just take them to the VA clinic when I go. Sometimes it's months between times and the piles get out of hand.

Glad you got to see the smoke the other day!!

Stay safe, pass the thanks and appreciation around to the troops.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5962 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did not see your original post in regards to the magazines. My son returned in Sept 05 ( Camp Manhattan). He was with the 2nd Brigrade Combat Team, 1/506th (prior to it going back to the 101st) at that time ( now the 2/12, 2nd Brigrade Combat Team - Ft Carson). While he was there I sent him about 130 lbs of magazines in two shipments and a few 20-30 pounders over the 12 month period. I have quiet a few stacking up again, so drop an address if in need. He sent me a news article that they are to head back over the latter part of the year. He said it was like in Korea, they found out from the news media - bar girls and newspapers to find out where and when you are traveling - Anyway, unless he falls under the "Stop Loss" he ETS's in earlier Oct.
Thanks & God Bless.
Semper Fi
quote:
Originally posted by M1Tanker:
I just wanted to say thanks to you all for the support you have given us over here. A few weeks ago I posted here hoping to scrounge a few magazines for me and the guys. What resulted was several incredible care packages. You cant imagine how much this has meant to me and my soldiers. Thank you so much for everything.

Posts: 426 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 06 February 2006Reply With Quote