New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger #1 Trigger Adjustment?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Recently I purchased a #1SS in 7mmSTW. I have done research on this site on accurizing. My question is the Ruger Manuel states that the 2 screws on the trigger are NOT to be messed with. A recent gun mag says the 2 screws ARE for adjustment. The front one for over-travel, rear for trigger pull.
Well I got out my little allen wrench and turned them. I have the trigger exactly where I want it. The problem is the screw for trigger pull now sticks out about 3/16 from trigger.
Have I created an un-safe condition? Or do I just take screw completely out and file off some? Trigger pull is now about 2 lbs.....OTTO

Posts: 947 | Location: NYB | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
<JCCD>
posted
I think they designed it that way to keep people from adjusting it any lighter than it already is. I've read that the older no. 1's were more adjustable. I replaced mine with a Moyers adjustable trigger and it works nicley.

one of us
posted Hide Post
realguns installs the Moyer in a #1:
http://www.realguns.com/archives/063.htm

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
<JBelk>
posted
Ottomatic---

Take the stock off an look at what that screw does. You can screw it back in flush without it doing anything at all to the spring it adjust. The trigger pull won't change until it acts on the spring.