Find
Notify
Tools

Win Mod 70 Trigger problems
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted
With the action out of the stock, the gun works perfectly. I adjusted the trigger to 3lbs. After i install it in the stock, the problems begin. Sometimes the gun will fire as soon as the safety is flipped. Sometimes it will not reset the firing pin after the bolt has been worked.

I tried to adjust the trigger pull heavier but that does nothing.

I just don't know what to try next.

HELP HELP

Posts: 761 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The trigger is binding on something, either in the stock or in the bottom metal.

If it has been bedded, the first thing I would check is to make sure the action isn't canted, causing the trigger lever to bind on the slot in the trigger guard.

One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
The problem is either interference between the stock and trigger, or, the action is being pulled out of alignment when the guard screws are tightened. My money is on the action being pulled out of alignment. First make sure the trigger assembly is assembled correctly, then, with all guard screws tight, loosen the front guard screw and watch to see if the barreled action tries to climb out of the stock.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help. I new it was not the screws, because it would happen even when i just layed the action in the stock.
Turns out there was a small piece of bedding material touching.

Seems to work fine now.
Thanks again

Posts: 761 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote