Find
Notify
Tools

I need a small ring M98 action
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted
I am looking for a small ring M98 style action for a custom project. Anybody have one they want to part with, or know where I can find one?

One thing that I have looked at is the Husqvarna 1600, but will a M98 mauser trigger guard, trigger, and bolt sleeve (for a 2 or 3-position safety work with it?

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3821 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sarco just advertized some small ring 98's as well as several other choices. These are ww1 and may need heat treating,
Good Luck!

Posts: 1028 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
The Husqvarna 1640 is a bit different than a small ring '98. Not all the parts interchange but I can't remember about the trigger specifically.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
I have a small ring Polish that has been heat treated and drilled and tapped for two piece bases. I have always thought I would use it for a project but I'm running out of time for projects. e-mail me and we can discuss it.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i have a mexican here now to sell for another fellow. call me at 215 595 6982 or pm me. it has nice scope bases etc.

Posts: 979 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have an early Husqvarna 1600 rifle with Factory Steel hindged bottom metal and a Tradeswinds/timley trigger.. Email me if you are interested.

Posts: 1125 | Location: near atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: 26 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got a very beat up J.C Higgins on a HVA action. Action is in great shape and hardly ever shot. its a 30/06. Barrel is rough and needs a new stock so your just getting the action really. Aluminum bottom metal. VERY lightweight rifle. Weaver bases. Factory trigger is crisp and about 4 pounds. Much better than other HVA's I've tried. If your interested email me at wisuwrhre4@aol.com FNMauser

Strike while the iron is hot! Look before you leap!He who hesitates is lost! Slow and steady wins the race! Time waits for no man! A stitch in time saves nine! Make hay while the sun shines! ect. ect.

Posts: 170 | Location: Kentucky U.S.A. " The land that is dark with blood" | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of sbhva
posted Hide Post
tom ga hunter:

I am interested in your rifle. Please email me at sbhva@aol.com What is the barrel length and serial number?

Thanks.

Steve

Posts: 120 | Location: Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 05 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses, I think that I have found a small ring polish action.

Dave

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3821 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote