New
Find
Notify
Tools

FEEDING TROUBLES
 Login/Join

<lb404>
posted
I am working on a battery of rifles for Africa this year. I received the 375 H&H and the 404 Jeffery this past week. Neither feed properly.
Both were done by more than competent gun makers and both have been sent back to them twice for feeding adjustment, NO JOY YET! I am looking for a gunsmith that can work on these two rifles and get them back to me quickly as I still have some load development to do on them. I will need to know quickly as I must give the caliber and serial numbers to the Tanzania Embassy soon so I can get an import permit. Both rifles are on pre-64 long actions. Any Ideas????

one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
Hi there

Based on what I've read (and heard from many sources), I'd say that Jack Belk would have the expertise to fix a problematic Mauser that has foiled others.

Just my opinion -- worth what you paid for it! [Smile]

jpb

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
I would suggest getting a hold of John Ricks if he isn't too busy. He definitely knows what he's doing on the big bores. He posts here on a regular basis. In fact, he's in the thread titled "Does anyone here have an opinion on this",.

Posts: 1021 | Location: Prineville, OR 97754 | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote