Find
Notify
Tools

Mexican Mauser Value?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jshoney
posted
So I should have started here first. I have the action below in the classifieds with no hits at all. I based my $400 asking price on reading here and other sites. Can y'all give me some insight if I'm asking the right amount and no-one needs one, or do I need to adjust the price.

Thanks in advance, Joel

Posts: 146 | Location: Walburg, TX | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
The price is right. Seems sales have slowed down lately. I know barrels and such have been scarce and taking a bit longer to deliver. Could have an impact.

Two choices, wait until the right buyer comes along, or reduce price if you must move it now.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4864 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
You asked; way too high for me, for a mex action. But some guys like them.

Posts: 17294 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Depends on condition, like everything else.

The bolt face on this one looks a little rough, from what I could see.

Posts: 266 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 09 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Since you ask. After looking at the rest of the pictures in classifieds I feel you are probably a touch high. But for sure worth more than that $100 offer.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Joel,

I looked at the photos again, maybe the bolt face is OK. A touch out of focus, so kind of hard to see on my phone screen.

If it is clean, you might get your price on GB.

Posts: 266 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 09 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jshoney
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for the replies. The action is actually very clean and the boltface looks great, just out of focus. I'm sure I'll find someone looking for a clean 36 or just keep it.

Posts: 146 | Location: Walburg, TX | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jshoney:
Thanks everyone for the replies. The action is actually very clean and the boltface looks great, just out of focus. I'm sure I'll find someone looking for a clean 36 or just keep it.

If no one gives you your asking price, I'd keep it. They haven't been made for a long LONG time. that one looks cleaner than most.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4864 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last cocking piece I saw on eBay went for over $100 alone.
Don

Posts: 1085 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To pile on what everyone else has said.

$250 for the action, $75-$100 for the cocking piece.

So your not far off.

The first two 36's I bought about 4 years ago I paid $400 for the pair. Neither had the "1903" cocking piece.

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1508 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With Quote