THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Can a Rem 700 bolt shroud & firing pin be modified to fit a model 7?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can a Rem 700 bolt shroud & firing pin be modified to fit a model 7?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Ok this might sound like a dopey question but can a model 700 bolt shroud & firing pin simply be shortened and then fit a Model 7? Reason why i'm asking is wondering if the lovely light & fast Alloy Gren-tan firing pin assembly for the 700 (they don't seem to make one for the 7)can be adapted to fit my model 7. Again Trivial to most but looking for maximum weight savings on my 7. Before you ask yes I have a gym membership Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought mine from Dave Kiff at Pacific Tool. A short action 700 definitely won't work.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Butch,
Why modify when you can buy off the shelf. Thank you very, very much for that helpful information. My order with dave is on it's way.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have done this; 700 after market, non J-lok done to fit the model 7. Not that much to it.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote