New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got 10 grand?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
For a rusty gun with a mismatched bolt? It must be another Mauser thing.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12540 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps the seller thought he had to have a value in the min bid section and simply went 9's. Probably didn't realize what he was doing - or he could be an idiot - whatever is more believable ...............

one of us
posted Hide Post
If you look at the sellers other items, he has about 7 pages of guns for sale. So, he's not ignorant or stupid. I suppose anything is worth a try on the internet auctions.

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GSP7:
Heres a $200-$300 savage sxs for $800. Weee!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=69571922

Nice finish on the stock also Roll Eyes

DRSS member

Constant change is here to stay.

Posts: 626 | Location: The soggy side of Washington State | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
I'd go $100. A few things have been done to that shotgun.....and none of em was good.

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Soverns:
I'd go $100. A few things have been done to that shotgun.....and none of em was good.

C'mon, I liked the creative brushed on wood finish.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12540 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Can this be easily rechambered/rebored to 375 Ruger? stir
Sorry, couldn't resist!

Posts: 1645 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
He MUST have meant to start the bidding at $9.99............. But that might be a bit hight for a converted military Mauser with a rusty scope......

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cheechako:
If you look at the sellers other items, he has about 7 pages of guns for sale. So, he's not ignorant or stupid.I suppose anything is worth a try on the internet auctions.

Ray

Perhaps not, but he must think WE are!

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just looked at it, I am sure it was a mistake, very easy to type too fast.

Red

My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.
-Winston Churchill

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cheechako:
If you look at the sellers other items, he has about 7 pages of guns for sale. So, he's not ignorant or stupid. I suppose anything is worth a try on the internet auctions.

Ray

Even though he's selling 7 pages of guns, he could still be stupid.

One of my favorite quotes:

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity" - Robert Heinlein

Frank

one of us
posted Hide Post
For fun I "asked the seller a ques"

Question: Is that a typo mistake on the price? Too many "9" ?

Answer: "No, its not a typo. But I guess the big boss man is flipped out of his mind. Cant do much or tell him anything. only do what he tells me.
LOL
Thanks"

animal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
For a rusty gun with a mismatched bolt? It must be another Mauser thing.

I wouldn't mind the lever floor plate; maybe he would consider tearing it down for parts?

Posts: 317 | Location: Texas Panhandle | Registered: 09 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He also has a Bishop stocked Model 42 Win .410 with aftermarket poor engraving and is asking $5k for that. I would add another vote for stupid.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What I want to know is who bought it if it ever sells. I've got a lot of far nicer rifles for a lot less money that I could get giddy selling to them..........................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looked at a few of the guns he has for sale and it appears to me that some MAY be something sold on a police confiscation sale. I bought these type of guns before and they are usually beat up and CHEAP.

I think he is completely nuts on the majority of them as far as price goes.

Posts: 153 | Location: God's country Northern Minnesota | Registered: 29 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
Looks like his cheese has done slid off his cracker.

$25 worth of auction pictures to sell a $50 rifle for 10K that no one will bid on.

The value of all my guns just went up!

Fjold, it sure is hard to read your posts...what with that (ahem), VERY nice young lady walking by!

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote