Find
Notify
Tools

600ZKK trigger
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Johanv
posted
What can I do to improve the trigger on my 600ZKK in .270W. It is a problem to get retro fit triggers from you guys in the States, here in South Africa. Seems to have too much creep and it's a little rough and heavy! But it still manages 1/2" @ 100y with our PMP factory ammo though - would like it lighter and more crisp! Thanks, Johan

Posts: 160 | Location: Johannesburg- South Africa | Registered: 27 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is a problem to get retro fit triggers from you guys in the States, here in South Africa.

As far as I know, no-one is making a ZKK trigger here in the US. If there is someone making an aftermarket trigger for the ZKK-602, I would like to know. Is anyone in SA making ZKK-602 triggers?

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh come on! You'll want golden elephants next! 1/2" at 100 Yds is right on it for what any ZKK was ever intended for.

I'd be well satisfied with that in ANY sporting rifle of the same vintage and similar original price.

I get just under that with mine in 270 Winchester using the "standard" curved trigger and not the awful to look at straight set trigger.

However if you seek a cure to the creep maybe try a post on the AUSTRALIAN section of this Forum.

I'm told that a solution to your problem has been "invented" there.

I find that although it may have seemingly more creep that the "standard" curved trigger still gives a better pull than the straight "set" trigger.

Posts: 6821 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
enfieldspares - I don't and never had the "set" trigger for it, only the single stage with the finger piece pinned to the trigger guard. Thanks for the advice on the Australian forum, I'll give it a try.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote