THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Steyr Mannlicher Luxus Trigger adjustment single trigger two stage

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Steyr Mannlicher Luxus Trigger adjustment single trigger two stage
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bigbird34
posted
Hello all, I have the above gun on my work bench that when fired the other day would let you push the trigger forward but would NOT set the trigger ....I now have the action off of the stock and I have found some corrision starting to set in around the stock and receiver ,I have cleaned this up,and cleaned the debris from the trigger assembly,but by pushing the trigger forward it will not set the trigger ,it's acting like a single stage trigger now.....I need a manual ! Thanks Jim

Posts: 126 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 16 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
If your set-trigger does not lock when pushed forward, the adjustment screw is probably set too light for engagement. Increasing set-trigger pull weight should solve the problem.

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If your set-trigger does not lock when pushed forward, the adjustment screw is probably set too light for engagement. Increasing set-trigger pull weight should solve the problem.

André is correct; if the the trigger doesn't set ("click") when pushed forward; either the adjustment screw has worked itself loose (not uncommon on my Heym DST; I have to re-adjust it every two or three years) past the set point or a part has failed on the trigger (less likely).

Unless someone has tuned the trigger way out of adjustment ususally one revolution of the adjustment screw (anti-clockwise?) will get you back on track to where it can be tuned to the desired let-off.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bigbird34
posted Hide Post
Thanks folks, But I need a diagram,instructions ,something to go by ....the little screw that stops the trigger from going forward "broke" as I was trying to adjust it ....one of the screws that secure the set spring was also loose .....I have a call into a local GS,as I need the screw repaired and the triggers set up correctly,I don't want any accidents to happen with this rifle.

Thanks,Jim

Posts: 126 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 16 February 2008Reply With Quote